Terms & Conditions
- Who we are. This Website is operated by Heineken UK Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number (SC065527) with registered office at 3-4 Broadway Park, South Gyle Broadway, Edinburgh EH12 9JZ. Our VAT number is GB 268 644912. To contact us, please e-mail us through our 'Contact Us' page on the Website.
- No entry for under-aged persons: This Website is intended only for residents in the UK of at least 18 years of age. Do not use this Website if you are younger than 18 and/or not resident in the UK. Date of birth verification is required to gain access of the Website and prompts may be located within the Website.
- Accessibility. We are committed to making the Website fully accessible. Using the guidelines set out by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) we aim to have our Website conform to a WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) rating of 'A'. CSS & HTML markup complies with W3C guidelines up to priority 1.
- Intellectual Property and Use of the Website. This Website contains material which may include but not be limited to audio, graphics, sound and video recordings, charts, text, databases, information, or images of places or people and any names, copyright, registered designs, logos, trademarks and/or service marks ("Materials") which are owned by or licensed to Heineken and protected by international copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws. By using this Website, you acknowledge and agree that any Materials on this Website, are owned or licensed by Heineken. You shall not be permitted to reproduce, modify, reverse engineer, distribute, exploit, decompile, create derivative works of (or based on) these Materials, or do any other act which is otherwise than for your own personal use in the UK or in respect of which Heineken has provided its express prior written consent. Heineken will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. Any unauthorised use of these Materials may subject you to penalties or liability for damages including, without limitation, those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy and passing off.
- Changes. Although the Materials and information on the Website are based on up-to-date information, and while Heineken makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content, information and Materials on this Website are correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed and Heineken makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to its accuracy. If the need arises to update our Website, we may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely.
- User Submissions – Confidentiality. By using this Website you acknowledge and agree that any information, material or communication of any kind that you transmit, send or post to this Website, in any manner and for any reason ("User Submission"), will not be treated as confidential. You acknowledge and agree that Heineken has no obligation to use any idea or other material contained in any User Submission, and that you have no right to compel any such use. You acknowledge and agree that, as transmissions over the internet are never completely private or secure, any User Submission you send to this Website may be read or otherwise intercepted by a third party. Heineken does not assume and shall not have any special responsibility to you by virtue of your sending any User Submission to Heineken. Heineken does not accept or consider any creative ideas, concepts, suggestions or other materials from the public, and therefore you should not make any such submission to Heineken in any User Submission either through this Website or otherwise.
- User Submissions – Lawful Use. In connection with User Submissions, you agree that you will not: (i) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (ii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, indecent, seditious, offensive, abusive, pornographic, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iii) submit material that could promote the excessive, irresponsible or underage consumption of alcohol; (iv) submit photographs of anyone under the age of 25; (v) submit material which is technically harmful (including without limitation computer viruses, logic bombs, trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) or misuse the Website (including without limitation by hacking); (vi) post advertisements or solicitations of business; (vii) impersonate another person; or (viii) violate another person’s right to privacy. Notwithstanding that Heineken or other parties are involved in creating, producing or delivering this Website and may, from time to time, monitor or review transmissions, postings or discussions, Heineken assumes no responsibility for any liability that might arise from the content posted on the Website, including without limitation, claims for defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, profanity or invasion of privacy.
- User Submissions – Opinions. Heineken does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Submissions.
- Linking from our Website. Although this Website may be linked to other sites on the internet, Heineken provides such links solely for your convenience, and is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, responsibility or affiliation with the linked site or any content, information or other materials contained therein, unless specifically stated. These links will lead you to sites operated by third parties that operate under different privacy policies and we encourage you to review these privacy policies as we have no control over the information you may submit to those third parties. By entering this Website you acknowledge and agree that Heineken has not reviewed all sites linked to this Website and is not responsible for the content of any off-Website pages. Your linking to or viewing of any off-Website pages or other sites is at your own risk. We disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability, accessibility or validity of any content, information or other materials contained on any other site.
- Linking to our Website. You may link to our home page only, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our Website must not be framed on any other site. You must obtain our prior written permission to link any off-homepage pages to your website and we reserve the right to refuse permission at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Disclaimer. Any use and/or browsing of this Website is performed at your own risk. This Website (including, without limitation, all information, content, materials and functions made available on or through this Website) is provided to you "as is" without further representation or warranty of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible by law with regard to the contents of this Website, Heineken explicitly disclaims and makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever: (a) for the accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement of any content published on or made available through this Website by any visitor to our site or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents; or (b) that the server or means that you use to access the server that makes this Website available is free of viruses, bugs or other components that may infect, harm or cause damage to your computer equipment, network connections or any other property when you access, browse, download from or otherwise use this Website.
- Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to Heineken’s negligence, will Heineken, Heineken’s group companies or any third party involved in creating, producing, hosting or delivering this Website, be liable for: (a) any losses, costs or expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, legal fees, expert fees or other disbursements); or (b) any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or of any other kind or nature; whether arising out of or through your access to, the use of or browsing of this Website, or through your downloading of any materials, including, without limitation, anything caused by any viruses, bugs, human action or inaction, failure or malfunction of any computer system, phone line, hardware or software programs, or any other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections, or otherwise, even if Heineken has been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages or the same is considered reasonably foreseeable. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Heineken further assumes no responsibility, and will not be liable for, any loss or corruption of data on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of the Website, or your downloading of any Materials from the Websites. In no event shall Heineken’s total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for access to the Website.
- Reporting Intellectual Property. Heineken respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy not to permit materials known by Heineken to infringe another party’s copyright to remain on any portion of the Website. If you believe any materials on any part of the Website infringe a copyright, you should provide Heineken with written notice that at a minimum contains: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Heineken to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit Heineken to contact you, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
'Win a trip to Amsterdam with bikes, beer and best mates' Promotion 2018
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions, to their details being communicated to the Promoter’s representatives so that the Promoter or its representatives can contact the participant in connection with the Promotion (as necessary). Please retain a copy for your information.
- Only open to residents in Great Britain aged 18+, excluding employees and immediate families of any company in the Heineken group or the Relevant Retail store, its agents, associates or any person with professional involvement or association with this promotion.
- To enter, make a qualifying purchase of AMSTEL during the Promotion Period from any activated Retail store and text the word ‘AMSTERDAM’ to 60060. Subject to availability. Service is at the discretion of checkout staff. Standard network rates apply. Maximum of one entry per person, per day. Please retain purchase receipt as it will be required to validate the qualifying purchase. Excludes online purchases
- Qualifying purchases of AMSTEL are 4 x 440ml can, 10 x 440ml can, 6 x 300ml Non Returnable Bottle and 650ml Non Returnable Bottle.
- Entries must be made between Entries must be made between 00:00:00 on the 15/03/18 and 23:59:59 08/05/18 (“the Promotion Period”).
There is a total of 1 prize: There is one prize to Amsterdam being offered for four (4) people travelling together, all members of the party must be aged 18 or over. One (1) winner will be selected via a random generator as set out in Term 6. The details of the trip are listed below.
- Return Economy flights from London or Manchester / Amsterdam
- Return train transfers in Amsterdam
- 3 nights’ accommodation in a central 4* hotel sharing two twin or double rooms
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- 48hr Amsterdam City Card
- Carbon road bike hire for the duration with water bottles repair kit etc.
- Cycling tour of Amsterdam
- £400 Spending money (total)
- Comprehensive travel insurance (excluding pre-existing medical conditions)
- All valid entries will be entered into a prize draw. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random, by an independent adjudicator, and announced on or before 14/05/18. The winner will be notified via text message, to the phone number on which the entry was made.
- The winner will have 20 days, starting on the day that the confirmation text is sent to them, to supply a photograph or copy of the relevant receipt to validate their entry and provide their name and address details. The prize will be forfeited if the winner cannot supply a photograph or copy of the relevant receipt.
- If the Promoter does not receive the response within the 20 days, a winner rejects the prize or is disqualified, then the Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner at random from all valid entries (and so on until a winner can be contacted who will take up the prize).
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible or delayed entries, such entries will be void. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt and promoter does not accept any responsibility for the non-receipt or the late receipt of message due to network failure or for any associated costs to entrants. No entries submitted via any other means will be accepted. The promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route.
- Entries must be made personally. Entries made through agents/third parties, bulk entries or automated entries are invalid.
- Winner’s details (1st name and county only) will be available for 3 months from the 4 June 2018 by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to HEINEKEN AMSTEL CONVEINIENCE WINNER c/o Haygarth, 28-31 High Street, Wimbledon, SW19 5BY. By entering, the winner consents to such information being disclosed upon request.
- The prize holiday is valid for travel until 15th December 2018 excluding travel over bank holidays.
- All holiday locations and dates are subject to availability. Travel will be subject to flight and hotel availability at the date of booking the trip. The winner should notify the Promoter at least six weeks in advance of his/her preferred dates for taking the trip.
- All travel must be completed within the time-frame stated within the competition. Extensions to the validity of the prize will not be allowed unless first authorised by the promotional agent.
- The Promoter or Cloud Nine will accept no responsibility for hotels / tours / transport companies etc. being withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, Cloud Nine will endeavour to offer a suitable alternative.
- In the event of poor health or fitness ability resulting in the winner not able to take the trip, Cloud Nine will endeavour to offer a suitable alternative.
- All travel arrangements offered are at the discretion of Cloud Nine and the promoter. Any requests relating to airport, airlines or hotels cannot be guaranteed.
- Any amendments made by the prize winner after the booking is confirmed may be subject to administration charges levied by the specific supplier.
- Passports and Visas are the responsibility and cost of the prize winner. The Promoter or Cloud Nine cannot be held responsible if the prize winner or any of the travelling party fail to obtain the required travel documentation.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is included in the prize; however, it does not cover pre-existing medical conditions. In the event that cover is not granted an equivalent cash allowance will be provided so adequate cover can be sought. This will be the prize winner’s responsibility and proof of insurance will be required prior to departure.
- The prize winner and their party (where applicable) are responsible for and must comply with any health advice / regulations / inoculations required by any destination country. Any associated costs for this are the responsibility of the prize winner and their party (where applicable).
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel to and from the home to the airport, gratuities, meals or other travel expenses unless otherwise stated, or any other costs of a personal nature not stated for winner and guest.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct audits on all entries and winners to refuse a prize or refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable ground to believe that there has been a violation of these terms or any instruction regarding the requirements for participation in the promotion or in the event that a participant would have had an unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or would have won by fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter for all decision, which are final and binding.
- The promoter is not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
- There is no cash or other alternative to these prizes in whole or in part. Prizes are not transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the prize if it is transferred.
- We cannot guarantee that the trips will be free from disruptions, failings or cancellations. We are not liable for such disruptions, failings or cancellations unless they are caused by our negligence. Any requests for refunds or compensation arising from them should be sent to the operator of the event. We can provide you with their details on request.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control.
- In the event of circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, or in cases of fraud, abuse and/or error (human or computer) that affect or could affect the proper operation of the promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only when the circumstances are that this is unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion at any time, but will always endeavour to minimize the impact on the participant in order to avoid undue disappointment
- All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in connection with the prize are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and the promoter shall be under no liability whatsoever or however in connection with any loss, damage or injury suffered as a direct result of the provision of the trips. Promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of its negligence.
- All taxes (including without limitation national & local taxes) in connection with any prize & the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- These rules and any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The Promoter and each entrant irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these rules or the legal relationships established by this agreement.
Promoter: Heineken UK Limited, 3-4 Broadway Park, South Gyle Broadway, EDINBURGH, EH12 9JZ
Questions or Comments